First Idea Consulting
N001 - Governance for NGOs
This course targets Board Members and Chief Executive Officers to equip them with relevant skills to enable them become more effective leaders in their respective organisations as well enable them use their experience to create value.
N002 - Accounting for NGO Senior Executives
This course targets senior executives including the Senior Management Team (SMT) and the Chief Executive Officers. These individuals deal with financial information and reports and are accountable for their reliability and accuracy. This course will assist these individuals understand and become vigilant in delivery of their tasks. N003 - Finance for NGO Program and Finance Staff
This course targets Program and Finance staff members reporting to department heads or members of the Senior Management Team (SMT). This training provides the participants with an appreciation of the different perspectives of accounting and finance in programming and how the two relate.
N004 - Effective Sub-Grantee management and reporting This course is for Grants and Compliance Officers. These individuals work with grantee organisations and are required to ensure compliance of rules and regulations; this can be a challenging task. This course will equip the participants to monitor grantee, review activities and report their findings efficiently and effectively.
This is a twelve (12) week program designed for Business Owners who have been in business for at least 2 years. This program is designed to address the business challenges the business owner is experiencing understanding whether the business products are making money; which are the most profitable products; whether to take more debt and when and if to take equity how much of it is ideal.
- The Business owner will invest in a reasonably priced Accounting System or use our own system.
- Invest in a stock management system for those in businesses dealing in stock (as an asset).
- The Business owner shall invest time to do all assignments and present them in the next class.
- The Business owner will seek help whenever this help is available.
- The Business owner should be teachable.
Benefits for the Business Owner
- You will make informed business decisions.
- You will be able to grow products or services that are more profitable.
- You will be able to manage your cost centres.
- You will be able to make informed decisions when borrowing.
- You will be able to make informed decisions on costing and budgeting.